24 Jun 2014

Orange is the New Black


Orange is this season's surprise colour. Making a statement on the catwalks of Spring/Summer 14, Orange came in a variety of shades, from dusty brick to coral hues, and there was nothing it didn’t touch. Personally, I think it’s a great summer trend and one I have made sure is featuring in my wardrobe! Everything from evening dresses to nail polish, from sandals to clutch bags, Orange has made its mark. But, one thing to be aware of is not looking tangoed. We all know what being too heavy handed with the fake tan can look like… So make sure it’s a feature in your look, and not taking over. 

Jacket - River Island £50
Shorts - Zara £29.99
Bralet - Fashion Bible UK £22.99
Shoes - ASOS Sale
Necklace - Matalan £8

Picking a staple orange piece, I chose these shorts from Zara, which are perfect for summer. As a more going out look, I teamed it with a white bralet but then adding a jacket over the top to complete the look. I have to admit, when I first saw this jacket in River Island I fell in love, but when I saw the price tag I questioned whether I really wanted to spend that on a jacket. Taking it to the changing room, I thought I have to give it a chance, and that was it, I was sold. Spending this amount on one item can seem daunting, but think of it as an investment. This jacket can be worn time and time again, in the day teamed with jeans, or in the evening over your summer dress. Picking out the pastel colours in the jacket, I paired it with cigarette trousers and stilettos for an evening out.





Check out how to achieve these marble effect nails on my BEAUTY page to complete the look!




No comments :

Post a Comment