9 Jul 2014

What's in my make-up bag





After years and years of trying to find that perfect foundation, I decided to read a few reviews online. I came across the usual "anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing, 10 in 1, bronzing, highlighting, miracle formula" that would set you back £100. But in amongst all of this was YSL's Youth Liberator foundation, it caught my eye straight away and luckily enough it was nearly Christmas so I popped it onto my list! And that was it, I've been hooked ever since. I use the B30 shade, and I'm amazed at how well it goes on, not too thick or thin, it makes my skin feel really silky, creating a more uniform complexion. For £36 it can seem a lot to spend, but 30ml lasts me around 8-10 weeks, and the quality makes up for the price. I'm sure like most of you I try to use the more expensive stuff for the more special occasions, so I've found myself the perfect day foundation: L'Oreal BB Cream. I've used this before and I must admit I wasn't too impressed. But they've definitely exceeded they're previous attempt with this new Nude Magique Cream which mimics the texture and glow of perfect bare skin.



For that extra bit of a healthy summer glow I prep my face with Revlon's 'Photoready Skinlight'. It's great to use under your foundation for that extra bit of a subtle glow. I use it all over my face, but it's perfect to use on the areas you wish to highlight! I absolutely LOVE this product!


I get quite bad dark circles around my eyes and so I wanted to find myself a product that would conceal them and brighten my eyes. Laura Mercier 'Secret Camouflage' is amazing, it comes with 2 different concealer shades, so it blends really well into your foundation. You can either apply with a flat brush or I use my fingers. I use this with my L'Oreal 'Glam Bronze' Contour Kit, to give me that famous Kim Kardashian contoured look.


Like my foundation, I can't begin to count how many mascaras I've been through to try and find the one that delivers on its promise of 'fuller and longer lashes'. But YSL have me as a truly loyal customer with their Luxurious False Lash Effect Mascara. It really does give you longer and more voluminous lashes, which means it's definitely worth the £23 in order to find that perfect mascara! YSL also have offers on occasionally where you will get some free make-up remover or 2 mascaras for a cheaper price, which is always a bonus!




YSL Youth Liberator Foundation (B30) - £36
L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream (Light Skin Tone) - £9.99
Revlon Photoready Skinlight (Bare Light) - £11.99
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (SC 3) - £26.50
Mac Prep & Prime Highlighter (Bright Forecast) - £18.50
L'Oreal Glam Bronze - £7.99
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish (Soft and Gentle) - £23
YSL Luxurious False Lash Effect Mascara (Extra Black) - £23
Topshop 'Brows' Pencil (Dark Brown) - £6
Clarins Essential Eye Shaddow Palette - Limited edition 
(I would definitely recommend Clarins eyeshadows if you want a neutral and wearable collection)

Any questions about today's post just drop me an email or a comment below :) x

No comments :

Post a Comment